FF91C70D-29C5-45C6-92C5-5B6BD5E1DBB4 Relatively Offbeat: Travel Tuesday: Southern Florida

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Travel Tuesday: Southern Florida

It makes so much sense to me why people in Michigan get seasonal depression. I feel so relaxed, happy and rejuvenated after spending a little under a week in the sunny state of Florida! Since Alex couldn't get the week off for vacation, I invited my mom and step dad to join me on yet another adventure. We flew out of Detroit into Miami & boy was there a difference in temperature! On our first night we decided to get checked into the hotel and venture out for some fresh fish in Key Largo at The Buzzards Roost. We picked this restaurant at random, but it ended up being our favorite! Great atmosphere, great fish & the coconut cake was so freaking good.

My parent's bought a selfie stick while at the Grand Canyon, and I had way too much fun with it! We ventured out to Key West for a day where we ate Conch Fritters, BBQ & more fish. We had to walk to the southern most point in the US and try our selfie stick for the first time & it was a huge success! We waited all day for an epic sunset (even found the perfect bench) and storm clouds rolled out 10 minutes before it was suppose to set. Huge bummer, but we were just so happy to be somewhere with no snow we didn't really care :)

We decided to do a beach day & the front desk at our hotel suggested going to Biscayne National Park. We had to pay a small fee, but the beach was absolutely beautiful. After that we took it easy with a pool day, & our last day we visited the Everglades which was SO awesome!

It was a perfect getaway from our Michigan winter weather full of delicious seafood, sunshine & relaxation. I'm so thankful to work for companies that make it easy for me to live our my passion to travel. There's nothing quite like watching a sunrise in an airplane embarking on a new adventure. Here's to all you wanderers out there, may you never stop.

11 comments:

  1. oh my, you and your mom and step dad are too cute with the selfie stick! yeah, I definitely have to agree with you about seasonal depression in Michigan haha.

    Stephanie
    petitepastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete