FF91C70D-29C5-45C6-92C5-5B6BD5E1DBB4 Relatively Offbeat: A Canadian Weekend

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Canadian Weekend

I'm back in the US of A after one of the most amazing weekends in Canada.  

Before I get to that, let me back track a bit.  Last week was a crazy busy week.  On top of having a heavy workload, I had to pack  up my entire house as I am moving into a new place in a couple weeks.  The most annoying part?  I have to move twice.  Once to Muskegon, and then again in two weeks to  my new apartment in Kentwood.  All complaining aside, Katelyn and I are both happy to be moving out of our not-so-safe neighborhood in the inner city.  Also, I owe a HUGE thanks to two of my best friends, Tieka and Eric, for helping me move.  I have some incredible friends.

Now, back to the good part: the weekend. 
I headed to Ontario, Canada on Saturday morning to visit my boyfriend and his family.  It was a big weekend for him, as he was part of the Tin Pan North festival in Toronto.  I unfortunately didn't get to see him on Friday, but he played a writers round with Michelle Wright and other fantastic Canadian singer/songwriters.  Fortunately for me, I got to see the videos from that evening and he did an AMAZING job. 



 
Saturday night we headed out to Hugh's Room in Toronto, where I witnessed my very first writers round.  It was so inspiring to see these songwriters perform these hit songs that I've heard on the radio from artists like George Strait and more!  Such a cool experience. 

On Sunday we decided on going for a hike at the Milton Falls Trail to check out some waterfalls and get some exercise.





The scenery was absolutely breathtaking. 




 

On Monday night, we attended the Country Music Awards in Ontario. Steve was a nominee for Rising Star and I couldn't be more proud of him. 



Photos courtesy of Steven's mom.

It was so much fun attending the awards and seeing so many incredible performances.  Ontario has so many talented artists. 

My time in Canada was Steven was, as always, too short and quick.  I had such a fantastic time and am already looking forward to more events to come.

Hope you all have a great week!

xoxo, 

Laura

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time!


    xx
    H&H

    http://hemingwayandhandbags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete