FF91C70D-29C5-45C6-92C5-5B6BD5E1DBB4 Relatively Offbeat: Mia's Delicious Mostaccioli Recipe

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mia's Delicious Mostaccioli Recipe

In an effort to be the most amazing wife ever, I have decided that being able to cook even a few good dishes is one of my first goals. One of my co-workers at The Spa, Mia, gave me this easy recipe to try out on my own and it was too good to be true! So I figured I just had to share this with the rest of the world too :) Sorry for the lack of photos, with my track record for cooking I thought it would be wiser to just try it out first with no documentation, hah.

What you'll need:

-1 Pack of Chicken Sausage--Chipotle & Pepper Jack flavored
-3 Bell Peppers--I bought a red, orange, and yellow for color purposes
-1/2 Onion
-2 Garlic Cloves
-1 Box of Mostaccioli Pasta
-1 Jar of Tomato Sauce--Mia prefers homemade sauce or a flavored sauce, I opted for an organic tomato basil sauce
-Garlic powder or Basil or any seasonings of your liking really

Okay so here's what you do:

1. Chop up 1/2 of each of the bell peppers and 1/2 of the onion (I only chopped up 1/4 onion because Alex and I aren't big onion people)
2. In a frying pan, add some olive oil and all your chopped vegetables and cook for about 10 minutes
3. Cut up the chicken sausage and add these to the frying pan as well (these are already cooked, so don't worry about having to cook them through)
4. In a separate pot boil water and then add 3 cups of mostaccioli pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until done
5. Add everything together into one big pot with the seasonings of your choice, sauce, and noodles
6. Top it off with a little cheese


Side note, this is actually paella and not the recipe you just read. Also, I just realized that about 1/2 of my photos include coffee or food...not mad.

xoxo,
K




4 comments:

  1. Stomach... Growling! I think I need to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks oh so yummy! I simply must try this tomorrow! Thanks for sharing this recipe! xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete