FF91C70D-29C5-45C6-92C5-5B6BD5E1DBB4 Relatively Offbeat: 100th Blog Post!

Monday, September 16, 2013

100th Blog Post!

Happy 100th blog post to my awesome cousin Laura and myself! In honor of this achievement of ours I decided to do what anyone would do: bake a cake! If you've ever met me, you would know my weird love for all things banana flavored and especially banana flavored desserts. Here is a recipe I found on allrecipes.com for a scrumptious banana cake with homemade frosting. I wanted to test out my new bake wear I received as a gift from my wedding that makes heart shaped cakes. Take a look for yourself how it turned out:









I simply used baking candies for the "I <3 U" by melting some in a plastic baggie in the microwave. After it was completely melted I cut a small opening in the corner of the bag and traced what I previously outlined on parchment paper. I added the sprinkles while the candy was still wet so it would stick to the letters. It was super easy and I love how it turned out!






My heart shaped Pampered Chef cake mold turned out really cute too! Alex is going to be so mad I filled our house with not just one cake...but TWO. If anyone wants to take a cake off my hands be my guest!

xoxo, K

2 comments: