FF91C70D-29C5-45C6-92C5-5B6BD5E1DBB4 Relatively Offbeat: Travel Tuesday: The Grand Canyon, AZ

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Travel Tuesday: The Grand Canyon, AZ

Although it's been nearly three years since visiting this natural wonder of the world, the Grand Canyon seemed like an appropriate travel post this week because I've been dying to go back.
Actually, what I'm really dying to do is check off this list.  

 In 2010, during my first visit to California, I was fortunate enough to take a day trip to the Grand Canyon's North Rim in Arizona.  I can honestly say I had no idea what was in store for me.  At first glance of the canyon my breath had already been taken away.  It really is something you have to experience for yourself. Let me tell you, photos will NEVER do justice. 

The Grand Canyon is 277 miles in length, with it's widest point stretching out 18 miles wide and narrowest point at 4 miles wide. It is nearly 6,000 feet deep and the rock found at the very bottom of the canyon is around 2 billion years old.  The Grand Canyon became an official national park in 1919, the 17th national park to be established in the United States. 


I recommend visiting this beautiful site if you're ever on the US West Coast. It is worth the travel costs and the long drive. I thoroughly enjoyed the road trip through Utah and Arizona. It's a beautiful place.

xoxo,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment