FF91C70D-29C5-45C6-92C5-5B6BD5E1DBB4 Relatively Offbeat: Recipe // Stuffed Poblano Peppers

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Recipe // Stuffed Poblano Peppers

Earlier this week I decided to make something for dinner that I haven't already made before. One of my favorite dishes when we go out to a favorite local restaurant (The Winchester) is their stuffed poblano. It has the right balance of spicy and hardy. It's even a great dish for sharing with others at the table as an appetizer. 
Anyway- I decided to try a recipe of my own that sort of resembled my Polish roots but still had some Spanish flair. It turned out to be spectacular and my husband ate the leftovers for the next few days.


Ingredients: 
1 lb. ground  beef
4-5 poblano peppers
2 tbsp. chopped onion
2 tbsp. chopped jalapeno
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. black pepper
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
1 cup long grain rice

Directions: 
Set oven to 350 degrees. 
Cut ends off poblano peppers and take seeds out, rinse if necessary. Boil peppers in large pot for 10-15 minutes. 
Cook rice in separate pan until soft, set aside.
Brown the ground beef in a large skillet or sauté pan. Once browned, add rice, chopped onion, jalapeno, and garlic powder and black pepper, set to medium heat. Stir well. Stir in tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese to mixture. 
Remove peppers from water. Spoon in beef mixture until peppers are filled to the brim. Continue with each pepper and top with cheese. Place peppers into casserole dish. Spoon any remaining mixture into the dish or on top of peppers if desired (I had lots of extra because I made a double batch).
Bake for 35 minutes. 


 


Enjoy!

xoxo,
Laura


2 comments: