FF91C70D-29C5-45C6-92C5-5B6BD5E1DBB4 Relatively Offbeat: Steve + Laura // Wedding Story Part I

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Steve + Laura // Wedding Story Part I

It has officially been 3 months since my wedding day, so I thought it was finally time to share a bit of our wedding story on the blog. All photos were taken by Trisha Marie Photography and her assistant.
After Steve and I parted ways following our rehearsal dinner, I went to my parent's house in hopes to get a decent night of sleep. I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up feeling refreshed, energetic, and more calm than I'd been all year. After the long-distance Skype calls, traveling back and forth from Michigan to Canada, the gigs every weekend, and planning our special day without seeing much of each other, the day had finally come where I'd get to marry the man of my dreams. 
The morning started at The Creative Edge Salon where my bridesmaids, flower girl, mothers, and I had our hair and makeup done. We sipped on mimosas and relaxed before the ceremony. Our longtime family friend, Lindsay, has been my hairstylist for several years and she's always a master at wedding up-dos. Her and her coworkers did a marvelous job making my bridal party look beautiful.
From the salon, we headed to the church. The ceremony was at 3pm, so we had some time to just kick back, eat some snacks, and exchange our wedding gifts. Steve and I decided against doing a "first look" because we wanted to keep things traditional. He didn't want to see me until the moment I walked down the aisle with my dad. 
And then it was time for the ceremony to begin. My dad met me in the classroom where us girls had been, but they had already set out toward the church. I stood there waiting for him to show up to walk me over, and the second he stepped into the doorway, we both lost it. Everything was suddenly feeling surreal from that moment. My daddy was just minutes away from giving me away to my husband.
It started raining at the exact moment our ceremony had started. Regardless of weather,  it was everything we had dreamed of and more. Steve and I forwent the traditional unity candle and planted a tree instead. It was definitely more fitting for us. At the very moment we watered our tree, the rain hammered down on the roof of the church and everything felt symbolic and magical.
And just like that, we were man and wife. I'll never forget the feeling that took over me when we finally made it to the back of the church and we could take a deep breath, kiss each other, and say "I love you" in private.
Then the rest of the day was smooth sailing.

Stay tuned for Part II, which will include post-ceremony, the reception, and more.

xoxo,
Laura

2 comments: