FF91C70D-29C5-45C6-92C5-5B6BD5E1DBB4 Relatively Offbeat: Steve + Laura // Wedding Story Part II

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Steve + Laura // Wedding Story Part II

Continuing on with our wedding story...
After the ceremony was finished, Steve and I ran out into the crowd of friends and family standing outside of the church with bubbles in hand. Because of the rain, we darted through the narrow opening of people for a quick photo-opp, and then headed back into the church for family portraits. Once we finished up at the church, we jumped on the Muskegon Trolley with our beloved bridal party to enjoy some drinks and take more pictures. We made stops at Heritage Landing on Muskegon Lake, Monet Garden, and then made an ice cream stop at Pinchtown Market at Fricano's (to get some dry, indoor photos). We were a mess from the rain!
All photos are by Trisha Marie Photography.

After our ride around town on the trolley we made our way back toward Fruitport Golf Club for the reception, where our guests were already enjoying cocktail hour.
We made our grand entrance shortly after arriving. Needless to say, things got a bit weird... but if you know my family, that's no surprise. Just take a look.
 
Finally it was time for dinner to be served, and it felt like the biggest relief of my life to finally sit down with all our loved ones. It's crazy, with all the planning and preparation for this night, you'd assume that the bride and groom would be shoveling food into their mouths. Steve and I were so overwhelmed with love that we didn't even have much of an appetite. And thank goodness too, because people were clinking glasses every 4 minutes. Since we knew this was going to happen, we decided to shake things up a bit and make it fun for everyone. We gave the DJ a bowl full of names of all the couples at our wedding so that whenever glasses were clinking, the DJ would draw a couple out of the bowl and they'd have to kiss in front of everyone first. Then Steve and I followed suit. It worked perfectly.
Ok, enough of that nonsense. ;]
After dinner ended, the toasts started. I was anxious for this part of the evening all day long, because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep my composure. First up was my dad, and the waterworks definitely started with the first few words uttered out of his mouth.
Following my dad were Steve's two Best Men, Leo and Padraic. Then my Matrons of Honor, Stacey and Miranda, were after them. More tears were shed throughout all of them. My sister also had all of the other sisters in the room do the pinky promise with their sister. We locked pinkies and recited "Sisters forever, friends for life."
Then it was time to cut the cake and get the dancing started! Our gorgeous cake was made by my cousin's girlfriend, Tina, and we were so insanely happy with how it turned out. It was also the most delicious cake I've ever tasted- almond with butter cream.
Steve also surprised me with a song later in the night.

Best. Day. Ever.

xoxo,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment