FF91C70D-29C5-45C6-92C5-5B6BD5E1DBB4 Relatively Offbeat: A Family Weekend in Canada

Monday, March 18, 2013

A Family Weekend in Canada

Laura here-

Long time, no post. We apologize! :-P

It has been a crazy couple of weeks. I thought I would do a post on catching up, since SO much has happened since we last posted.

Two weekends ago (Friday, March 8th) I took the day off work and headed up to Canada with my parents.  Yep, my parents came to meet Steve's parents. Huge, I know.
For those who don't already know, Steven and I have been together since October and he is from Ontario, Canada.  We met down in Nashville, Tennessee, but that's an epic love story for another time. ;]

So anyway, the big meet and greet with the parents went really great! We met up Friday night at Walker's Fish Market in Burlington.

Saturday we headed up to Niagara Falls with my parents where we drove through several wineries, walked around, got splashed on by water falls, and saw some rainbows.


That same night, Steve had a gig at the Dirty Dog Saloon in Hamilton, ON.  It was a fun night of spending time with my family, his family, and all of his best friends




On Sunday, we grabbed breakfast and headed back to Grand Rapids together.  Steve spent the week here in Michigan where he played some gigs with the very talented Kari Lynch, perform at open mic night, and spend some lazy days with myself and Syrus.

I hope you all have a fabulous week!


xoxo,

Laura

2 comments: