FF91C70D-29C5-45C6-92C5-5B6BD5E1DBB4 Relatively Offbeat: Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies from Scratch

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies from Scratch

Alright you guys, Chocolate Chip Cookies are in my top five favorite desserts. I thought I would share my absolutely favorite recipe! I found this one on from In Katrina's Kitchen and it's the only one I will use now...so enjoy! It also helps that it's super easy for the cooking challenged like myself :)

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening (the recipe suggests using butter flavored Crisco & I approve!)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 package of chocolate chips
 

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and set aside
3. Beat shortening and sugars until creamy then add eggs and extract
4. Add dry ingredients and fold in chocolate chips
5. Place on a cookie sheet
6. Bake at 350 for 9 minutes

I decided to mix it up and use my Michigan cookie cutters to add some flair. I think they turned out so adorable! Have fun with it!

 
What holiday treats are you serving up this winter?

xoxo, k

4 comments: