FF91C70D-29C5-45C6-92C5-5B6BD5E1DBB4 Relatively Offbeat: Recipe: Homemade Peppermint Latte

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Recipe: Homemade Peppermint Latte


It has almost been a whole year since I've been a barista! That being said, I will never lose my passion for coffee and espresso. There are too many conversations I've had over café con leche in Spain, or deliciously brew coffee from my favorite coffee shop in Grand Rapids, Madcap, that I wouldn't change for the world. Here is a classic recipe for a peppermint latte which seems to hit the spot once it snows outside. Feel free to add chocolate to it and you have a Peppermint Mocha!

Peppermint Syrup:

1. Combine 2 cups water with 2 cups sugar (I used Equal for one of the cups) in a saucepan over low heat
2. Once the sugar and water combination is dissolved, add 3 teaspoons of Pure Peppermint Extract
3. Let simmer for a few minutes
4. Pour into a dispenser for easy access and pouring


How to make a Peppermint Latte:

1. Pull a shot of espresso or brew very strong coffee
2. Add the Peppermint Syrup to your liking in a coffee cup
3. Add your espresso or coffee
4. Froth your milk, or simply warm it up in the microwave-I used an automatic frother because I was being lazy
5. Add your milk + any other yummy decorations!
6. Put on your favorite Holiday Movie
7. Enjoy!



Okay, so number 7 isn't required, but it is definitely recommended!
What holiday drinks are you serving up this time of year?

xoxo, k

p.s. Laura and I entered a photo contest for Equal! Check out our photo here and like it!



1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! I do love all things peppermint! :) Looks delicious, girls.

    Melissa
    thebeesknees-mel.com

    ReplyDelete